25 August 2008

White Wedding; Part Deux

Bridge Man and I are making a valiant effort unpacking everything. We loaded up my car on the way back from the honeymoon with decorations, gifts, luggage, and other such miscellaneous wedding items. For the last week or so, our living room was walk-able only by a path we had forged between the piles of crap we lazily put anywhere when unloading the car and before passing out after an 11 hour plane ride home from Hawaii. (That 11 hour time-frame doesn't include delays, eventual cancellations, layovers, and a three hour car trip. All of which I should get to later.)

Back to the good stuff. The ceremony was fabulous. Teej did a beautiful job as our officiant. One of my favorite parts of the wedding was that someone so close to me was such an integral part of such an important day for Bridge Man and me. I was so nervous to ask her if she'd be interested in the task all those months ago. What if she didn't feel comfortable with the idea but then feels obligated? When she said yes, I knew it was one decision for this wedding I would have no doubts.

The ceremony itself was so laid back, I couldn't believe how quickly it passed. The bridal party did a wonderful job. And I think they all looked so smart.

The guy's side included a long-time, mutual friend of both Bridge Man and me as the best man. I've known this guy since the fourth grade. We were science lab partners in the 6th grade. And to this day he is, other than B.M., one of the funniest people I know. Second in line is an old friend and golfing buddy for B.M. Next on the groom's side are both of my brothers, Ruckers and Maestro. Last in line is another of Bridge Man's friends from high school.

These are my girls. A line up of my best friends. My mom's sisters on the far left, my new sister-in-law in the middle, then Bear, and my maid-of-honor, Moon Beam, is on the far right. Don't they look lovely? I love these girls! (Oh, and the little guy in every picture with my sister, Bear, is my handome nephew, Wookis, who refused to leave his mother's side the entire time. Note the little thumb-sucker in the corner of this photo.

The flower girl, Bridge Man's cousin was so cute. Half of the way down the isle she ran out of petals, turned around to look at me and yelled, "I'm all out!" After a large sigh of exasperation she sharply turned around and ran toward her parents. This was my cue to proceed down the isle.

On my boquet hung a locket with a picture of my mom inside. She wanted to be the one to walk me down the isle when she found out that Bridge Man had proposed. Since no one in this galaxy could have replaced her, this was my way of keeping her close to me throughout the wedding.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love what you did with the locket. What a beautiful way to have your mom walk you down the aisle.
Congratulations, dear!

sneal_says said...

ruckers??? what kind of code name is ruckers??? i demand a renaming. lolersk8s

Sarah Jackson said...

You are so beautiful:) I am glad you had a wonderful day:)