03 August 2008

6 Days

After nine wonderful years of dating, I will be Mrs. Bridge Man in t-minus six days! And what better way to commemorate these past nine years than with a photo montage of each fabulous one?

This is the very first picture ever taken of me and the Bridge guy. The guy to the right with the ball cap is Bridge Man's golfing buddy and one of the groomsmen in our wedding.



This was a camping trip to the Lake of the Ozarks with some friends. At this point, camping was about the extent of what we could afford but they led to some good times and some hilarious memories.

After our first year at college, away from the parental units, Bridge Man and I loved going to all the gorgeous outdoor locations only available in Southern Illinois. This is what the locals called the "Spillway." It is a four tiered waterfall that we would climb and swim in the lake at the top.

We took a weekend trip to Chicago where we visited the Field Museum. When done at the museum we decided to find some food. Off in the distance I spotted Navy Pier and suggested that. It was a beautiful day and I wanted to walk along the lake front. This was not the best idea, it took over an hour for us to hoof it the entire distance. There was no way we wanted to walk back to our car so we found a boat that was headed back that direction. It was miserable but fun.

This picture was taken at a benefit held for my mom the year she was diagnosed with cancer. My Bridge Man was and has been a huge support system for me during this time.

My mom took this picture of us during a family day trip to Starved Rock State Park. She conveniently framed the picture to include the word "Lovers." I love this picture.

This was Bridge Man's first trip to California to meet my crazy, fabulous family. We ended up using this picture as our engagement photo.

This photo commemorates the summer of weddings. Bridge Man and I wore these same outfits to three out of the nine weddings we've attended in the last year, not including our own.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww...How cute!

Do either one of you EVER take a bad photo???? Even in the dorky high school band photo you two look adorable! I'm jealous.

Zinta said...

congratulations you guys! every picture speak volumes !

cadiz12 said...

congratulations!

maryflorence said...

Ok, so that first one has to be a band camp photo! The sleeves rolled up, the people in the background... gotta be Eastern!
Good times at band camp.....

Librarian Girl said...

I totally am late to the party on this, but I am just way behind with all my blog friends.

Congratulations! I love the photos.