20 August 2008

It's a Nice Day for a White Wedding

I've been meaning to tell you all about the wedding for the last few days but there is so much to share, the idea seems daunting and almost homework-like. An assignment that I've given to myself and have procrastinated to complete. And on the other side of the spectrum the professor side of me wants it completed, and quickly. So, after much adieu, I'll share the details of the festivities. Simply put, it turned out wonderfully.

The night before, also known as the rehearsal dinner, we spent just over an hour setting up the place before the bridal party began to show up. There was no wedding coordinator and the task of giving everyone their mark was left up to me. Something I hadn't hadn't considered until about two minutes before-hand. Maybe three minutes. Often I would turn to my aunt/Reverend just to make sure I had covered every detail. Between the two of us, the rehearsal went smoothly. We then caravan ed to a delicious Irish pub just a few blocks down the street to nibble on Bangers and Mash while enjoying Goose Island Honkers or a Smit'hwicks Irish Ale. The groom's men were happy to note that Bridge Man had picked out some sweet, sweet shades and their gift instead of something as traditional (and odd) as a flask or a money clip.

I woke up the next morning with nothing but nerves. Strangely enough, my nerves were not for the wedding at the end of the day but for my bride's maids hair. I wasn't confident that it would all get done in the limited time we had to work. I did two heads of hair myself before having my own done and I must say, it turned out well. Here is Moon Beam and her b-e-a-utiful do.

Not too bad, huh?
My hair also turned out so wonderfully! My friend K.B. who is a cosmo-in-training like I am was my hero and made my vision come true. I wanted something a little different. No veil and no crown. Instead I went with an Oriental Lilly and an ivory feather. Check it out.

Once I was completely ready I went with the photographer to meet up with my future husband. She was so insistent that neither of us saw the other before we got to our final meeting place that we avoided the glass elevators in case he was outside and took a maintenance stairwell only to find it locked at the bottom. It was hilarious! We trekked our way back upstairs and gave in to the call of the elevators. But not before she made absolutely sure Bridge Man was no where to be found. We made it, and boy was I grateful that it had worked out because that first moment Bridge Man walked in the room was breath-taking. He. Looked. So. Handsome. I can't wait to see the pictures of that moment because I'm sure I stood there with my mouth gaping wide open. Classy.

... to be continued...

2 comments:

Librarian Girl said...

Love the hair! Can't wait to hear more.

stringers said...

I bet you were the most beautiful bride ever. I love you Dad