17 October 2007

All Dressed In White

A long, long time ago there was this boy and this girl. The boy and the girl went to the same school and lived in neighboring towns but knew nothing of each other. Then, one day in the middle of a scorching summer they were introduced. The boy had a shaggy mop of brown hair on his head and wore oversized shorts with an equally oversized t-shirt. The girl wore a tiny pair of jean shorts and green, baby doll top and finished the look off with perfectly groomed locks of black hair.

Ignoring the butterflies that filled their bellies, the boy and the girl went on out for their first night on the town together at the tender age of 17. The boy was a perfect gentleman; he picked the girl up to meet her intimidating and large family, he held open every door she went through, he told her how pretty she looked, and at the end he asked her for a second date. The only sounds that crossed the dinner table that night were the clanking of knives and forks and the occasional sounds of nervous laughter when their eyes would happen to meet. The girl knew not to become attached to this relationship; it couldn’t possibly last longer than two weeks.

Eight years later, the boy and the girl are still together. They went to college together, they moved in with each other, and have started a life together. Four days ago the boy asked the girl to be his wife and the girl said yes. One year from now, this girl and her Bridge Boy will live happily ever after as husband and wife.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAAAAY!!!! So exciting! And happy! And all of those other good words!

Are you still on Cloud 9?

Xteener said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Xteener said...

Yep, T. I'm on clouds 1-9.

Anonymous said...

I was so excited when you called me, but I didn't cry...until I read this. I love you both. You're two of my favorite people!

Josh said...

Wait...are we talking about specific people here?

I'm so confused.

Xteener said...

Josh: Yep, Bridge Man is my soon to be husband.

Bonnie said...

Congrats, lady! So happy for you two!

Librarian Girl said...

Congrats to you! I love a good love story, and that one rocks.

Anonymous said...

This blog is my favorite one. I love you.