15 March 2008

Mumbo-jumbo

So I know I've been slightly M.I.A. lately. There are no excuses. And I'll understand if you've moved on to a more entertaining and kept up blog. You see, for me there is this process. A process that includes inspiration, research, revision after revision, and finally a finished product. Unfortunately, there are times when I don't get to that final stage, that finshed product. There are times when my blogs, my words get nothing more than saved as a draft in some folder up on a shelf in internet land. There are various reasons for this. Maybe it's because what I wrote was too personal/contriversial/rediculous. Maybe I realize that I've rambled on for days about the Freudian explination for my absurd fear of feet and I understand that there is the possibility you may not care to know that mine resemble those of Fred Flintstone.

I'm trying to work on this. (The writing thing not the feet thing.)

My goal is to be a better writer. Less for professional reasons than the sheer fact that I enjoy the process. And I know that, in order to become a better writer I should be writing every day, through the night, and in my dreams. I should be writing simple paragraphs, letters, songs- a haiku if I so desire.

And so my dear readers, (all two of you), this is my solem oath to be a bettter blogger. To write more. To share every insignificant notion that pops into my head. (OK, maybe not every notion.) And if what I write is a bunch of mumbo-jumbo, that's OK. Because it's all just a part of the process.

You'll still come visit after I post the lyrics to the song I wrote in the 7th grade about the boy that I was, like, totally crushing on, right?

No comments: