25 March 2008

I've got a need.. a need for crafty type things

As my long time readers know, I am a crafter. I am a beader. I am a sewer. I am a maker. I've painted a picture or two. (Although they never end up displayed and often never see the light of day.) I've written a song. (Note: one song.) I like for people to notice an original item and ask where it comes from so I can step up on my proud little high horse and say, "Oh, I made that."

Does that make me sound smug? If it does, then please know that I haven't been able to be smug in a long time. Too long. How long has it been since I crafted, you say? One month? Two? Tres? The real, honest to goodness answer is that I don't know how long it's been. Do you feel bad for me yet?

Don't feel too bad because I've been living vicariously through the fabulous crafters on Design*Sponge who create beautiful dog beds from old suitcases, doily bowls, or knitted cozies. Their DIY section is full of things that make me want to hop into Red Betty (That's the name we gave my car after a trip to Baker's Square, but that story is for another time), drive to my local craft friendly store, and go berserk with the oodles and oodles of crafty-type items that are available.

I reccommend that take a look-see with caution. You may develop an irresistable urge to break out the materials needed to get your craft on. And I cannot be held accountable for missed appointments, abandoned children, or lost jobs.

No comments: