06 February 2008

Bad Computer

My lap top threw a hissy fit. I have been busy lately and haven't been fulfilling my daily web quota so maybe she was upset with me. Maybe she missed me. I don't know for sure but last Sunday she decided that there was no way in crap that she was going to obey orders. And no matter how I pleaded, no matter how I begged, she continued to let me know just how mad I had made her.

I would hit up my blog roll, click on something, and walk away to wait for the page to load only to have a patronizing error message greet me upon my return. I defragmented, scanned for spy ware, scanned for viruses, deleted cookies and nothing. Nothing. She is one stubborn personal computer.

I was so frustrated with this act of deliberate disobedience that I turned her off for a day and sat her in the corner so she could think about her actions. The next day she was still mad at me so I gave in and called some tech savvy friends. It turns out that my innocent little PC was being framed by the wireless router who wanted nothing more than to be turned off for a mere ten second rest.

All is well in internet land again. And now I can blog (or not blog) as much as I want.

1 comment:

Librarian Girl said...

So it was the dang router's fault! And here you were blaming the computer. The injustice!

:)