31 March 2009

After which I am unable to respond

I have another good salon story for you. A random lady, we'll call her Crazy Hair McGee, has been randomly popping into the salon asking for a stylist named Chris. We do not have a stylist name Chris. Maybe this story will read a little better in script format...

***
[Enter Crazy Hair McGee, eyes blazing, hair a fright]

CRAZY HAIR MCGEE: [With intensity] I need to see Chris.

RECEPTIONIST: [Long Pause] Um, we don't have anyone here named Chris. Perhaps you are looking for our other location on the West side of town?

CRAZY HAIR MCGEE: Chris is at your other location? Well call her. Tell her to get over here!

RECEPTIONIST: I don't know that they have someone over there named Chris and if they do, she wouldn't be able to come to this location tonight. We can call over there-

CRAZY HAIR MCGEE: Chris has to do my hair tonight! Chris always does my hair.

RECEPTIONIST: I can call over there to set up an appointment for you.

CRAZY HAIR MCGEE: Chris is not here?
***

I will spare you the rest of this redundant conversation. It went on like this for another 10 minutes. In the end, we would find out that Chris is a stylist who worked at the salon over four years ago, which would explain Crazy Hair McGee's unkempt style.

The next week, during a particularly busy moment in the salon, Crazy Hair McGee calls and is put on hold while we assist others. She promptly hangs up and calls right back only to be put back on hold. It's a first come, first serve policy so she basically kept putting herself at the end of the line. She hangs up and calls back for a third time. This time I am the unfortunate receptionist to answer the phone. We are still busy and I ask if she is able to hold for a moment. She tells me no, she is not able to hold because she has been put on hold the before and had to hang up each time because she "got the diarrhea."

Bob help me.

1 comment:

Teej said...

Hilarious. The last part made me laugh out loud, and I don't do that a whole lot while reading blogs.

Can you explain the origins of "Bob help me"? Also funny, though I don't know why.