05 November 2008

Buggers

While today was an all-in-all good day (Yay, OBAMA! & some other things that require far too much explanation, but good nonetheless) I would like to share with you a few things that drive me up the wall in a Trainspotting kind of way.

- Bad grammar* - let me give you an example of something I hear FAR too often.

"I seen that car drive through the red light." GAH! It pains me to even write those words down in that order. Since when are the words 'seen' and 'saw' interchangeable?

- Bad driving - From my first day in Springfield, I noticed one thing that most Springfieldians failed to learn in drivers ed. Turning into your own lane. It happens so much that most (99%) drivers will yield to those turning into the wrong lane as if it's common practice. Let me draw you a picture.

Oh how I love Photoshop. So, with this professionally, detailed picture I drew for you readers, you'll see what I mean. The black car is waiting patiently for the red car to turn into the far lane before the black car will even consider turning. This will take place as if there is nothing wrong. It would be far more efficient for each car to turn into their own lane, yes?

- More bad grammar - In the infamous words of Ross Geller (Season 4, The One With The Jellyfish), "Y-o-u'r-e means 'you are. Y-o-u-r means your!" The same goes for 'they're' and 'there.'

There, I've said my peace.

*Yes, I don't always have perfect grammar, in fact I'm sure there are a few typos throughout this post alone. I'm just saying.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Thank you for your sweet, generous comment about my dialogue w/ LB. She has a lot of hard core, "liberal" Dem friends and I was AFRAID of looking like a religious freak loser to them and your comment makes me feel like maybe I didn't come off that way. Thank you.

Also - I love this post - especially that you drew a picture!!!

You have to keep us updated on your life in Springfield!