25 June 2007

First is the Worst

Since this is my first blog I'll try to fill you in on me but I can't promise anything good. Since no one wants to hear my life story, and I'm sure I'll fill you in here and there in future blogs, I'll begin with a story that explains a lot about me and who I am.

It was winter break in the middle of my 7th grade year and my genius grandparents got me a karaoke machine for Christmas. Along with the machine was a tape (yes, I said tape) that contained four songs, two of which I can remember: Achey Brakey Heart and I Will Always Love You. This tape got a good work-out as I would repeatedly rewind and re-sing each song all day long. I made sure the windows of my bedroom were always open just in case a musc mogul would happen by, hear my amazing warble, and want to sign me to a record deal right then and there.

These events eventually led to my own talk show. I would lock the door to my room (as I shared it with my sister) and I would set everything up Oprah style. I would take on the role of Miss Winfrey herself and would always, ALWAYS interview Whitney Houston (pre Bobby Brown). Once it was time for Whitney to sing (we were on a first name basis) I would switch roles and belt out I Will Always Love You until the audience cried out for an encore. Then I'd sing it again.

Hope you enjoyed my first blog. I'm out.

Later gater.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha thats funny. You wer pretty confident leavin the window open! I would have never done that!
~*~Mandy~*~

Anonymous said...

Haha, oh man, I must admit, I did the same thing when I was little with the singing!! I bet my neighbors got annoyed with me...
-Mindy